We know that in summer we are supposed to drink much more water in order to stay hydrated. But sometimes it might seem a little bit boring to drink plain water, especially when living in a region where tap water does not taste great. This is why we have decided to share an easy and quick recipe for a naturally sweet and delicious fresh kiwi infused water, that will not only clench your thirst and hydrate you: it is also a delicious pleasure!
This recipe is for approximately 8 glasses and will take you 5 minutes to prepare. Even less the more you practice 🙂
Ingredients and machinery:
- 7-8 kiwis (ideally ripe, local and organic)
- 8 glasses of filtered water
- 1 blender
- 1 glass
Kiwi water step by step:
- Peel and slice the kiwis in quarters
- Put kiwis and filtered tap water in a blender and mix all together until it is completely even
- Pour into a glass and enjoy!
Extra tips for a perfect kiwi water:
- For extra freshness: After preparation, keep in the fridge in an airtight recipient (a repurposed glass jar will do) for a couple of hours before consumption.
- To keep it longer: The water can stay in the fridge in a closed jar for 4 days after preparation.
- Not enough sweet? You can always add sweeteners if the drink is too sour for you, but if you want to keep your drink 100% natural, the riper the kiwis, the sweeter the water will be.
Of course, in a recipe with only 2 ingredients, the sourcing, quality and taste of both is key to have a delicious outcome as well as reduce the overall footprint of the drink. Our suggestions:
For the kiwis, try to buy them organic, from local producers and in bulk to avoid unnecessary plastic. For the water, use tap instead of bottles. Don’t like the taste of your tap water? Try to leave it outside for a few hours before making this recipe (most of the chlorine will evaporate) or buy an affordable and easy to install water filter like TAPP 1 or TAPP 2.
Listen to this text