Even though the spring is playing hard to get this year, depending on where you live you probably already started to see strawberries in your local grocery stores. And we love that!
We wanted to share with you a recipe to use those delicious strawberries to make an infused water that will make you want to stay hydrated all day long. The main ingredients are: filtered water, strawberries, lemon and basil. Sounds good? Then keep reading for more!
Ingredients and utensils:
- 1 liter of fresh filtered water
- 4-5 strawberries*
- 1/2 lemon*
- 5-10 basil leafs*
- 1 glass jar (1L capacity)
* Try to buy these ingredients package-free or with your own containers, from local producers and grown without pesticides.
Strawberry, lemon and basil infused water step by step:
- Wash and slice the strawberries and lemon. You can also cut the basil leafs in two if you want extra flavor
- Put the sliced fruit and basil inside the jar
- Fill it with 1L of fresh filtered water from tap
- Let the mix infuse for 1 hour
If waiting for one hour seems too long or you want more flavor faster, you can poke the fruits and basil gently with a fork before adding the water. After drinking the water, refill with filtered water again. The flavor will be less intense the second time, but you will make the most of the ingredients!
Do you want to try out this recipe but you don’t like the taste of your tap water? Try letting water sit in another jar for a few hours before using it (most of the chlorine will evaporate), or get an affordable and easy to install water filter such as TAPP 1 and avoid plastic waste.
- Find out more spring and summer water infused combinations on Healthy Living Made Simple’s blog.
Listen to this text